Saturday, January 30, 2010

Utah Nonprofits Association

I've gone and joined another organization!

Just for kicks, I ought to list which organizations I have actually paid (generally small) fees to join and be officially considered a "member."

Golden Key International Honour Society
ACLU of Utah
Utah Pride Center
Humanists of Utah
Center For Inquiry
Secular Student Alliance
American Humanist Association

I think that does it . . . I'll let you know if I remember any others. A couple of days ago, though, I joined a professional organization recommended to me by my boss at the Utah Pride Center, the Utah Nonprofits Association. I have been browsing their job board for a few days now, and have applied for five, maybe six different positions already, and new positions are posted every day! I just want to say how thrilled I am that I was able to join this organization. Their website is absolutely easy to use, they offer incredible services to the Non-Profits that use their services, and I am just so impressed over-all.

And already, I have an interview next Tuesday for this position at Red Butte Garden:

AmeriCorps Vista Youth Education Internship. Looking for an environmental education teacher for youth education programs.
Job Description: The AmeriCorps intern will work with a variety of young audiences, teaching about plants and the environment and providing engaging activities for young visitors.

Wish me luck! And, of course, I would highly encourage you to check out the Utah Nonprofits Association website.

No comments:

Post a Comment