Sunday, January 24, 2010

Salt Lake Community College

Salt Lake Community College's Vision is to become the premier comprehensive community college in the nation. This is quite a lofty goal, however, I believe that they will succeed. While I attended this college I heard President Cynthia A. Bioteau, Ph.D., speak to a congregant of students. President Bioteau embodies this vision and instilled in me admiration and pride for my school.

Their Health and Wellness Services and Thayne Center for Service and Learning are two on-campus organizations I benefited from personally while I was a student there. I encourage all who are interested in pursuing higher education, no matter their background, financial situation, or any possible hindrance in their mind, to start here.

Salt Lake Community College states that they are:

"... a public, open-access, comprehensive community college committed to serving the broader community. Its mission is to provide quality higher education and lifelong learning to people of diverse cultures, abilities, and ages, and to serve the needs of community and government agencies, business, industry and other employers."

No comments:

Post a Comment